Finished this workout today, kicked BOOTY! Enjoy:)
Usually when you want to develop more strength and power you will spend most of your time lifting weights. You will push yourself as much as you physically can. Or if you want to improve endurance you will do some cardio, interval, and even HIIT training. Lets say you want to shed some excess layers of body fat, you will find yourself toning, using low weights, and doing hi reps.
What most people don’t do, however, is stretch.
Sadly said, its usually the men that think that stretching isn’t a requirement (this isn’t to say that some men who don’t stretch aren’t amazingly strong…my husband included ha ha). This could be because its less intense and not “suited” for their current goals (ie weight gain, building muscle mass etc). What many don’t realize, though, is that stretching isn’t only a great way to cool down from a workout, but it can actually help make you stronger.
“A 2010 study published in the Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research found that regular stretching actually enhances performance. The study’s participants were split into two groups: Group 1 performed a resistance-training workout 3 times a week; group 2 performed an identical resistance program but also incorporated a stretching regimen twice a week on days with no strength training…All participants experienced strength increases, but the stretching group’s gains surpassed the resistance-only group in every exercise tested. “ Source
Its hard to know your true potential in the gym if you don’t do a combination of both stretching and strengthening your muscles. I know the times I have been the “strongest” physically have been when I have kept up a healthy Yoga/Pilates exercise regime along with all of my other training.
So get out there and STRETCH!
Please Log in to view this content.
How to Have a Happy Life
8 Simple Ways to Staying Happy
What is the secret to a happy life? We want to be happy, but certain things in life always get in the way. Most people spend their days trying to find the right mood to fit their surroundings—stressed, anxious, happy, sad, but they have no control of how it makes them feel.
What if you could be happy no matter what happens?
You’d stay calm when your child spills in the car, or brush off a negative comment at work without hesitation. You’d smile at the person in front of you in the line at the grocery store whose cart is overflowing (and you need to be somewhere in 5 minutes). If your car broke down on the way home, you’d enjoy the clouds in the sky and notice the birds on the telephone wire.
If being in command of your emotional state sounds good, then lets take charge of your life with these 8 easy tips.
1. Don’t Blink
Listening to the radio this morning I heard the Kenny Chesney song ‘Don’t Blink’, and it reminded me of a few good things. Life goes by too fast. Enjoy those people around you that you love and care about. Make the time. Savor the day, because pretty soon it will be tomorrow, and yesterday will be gone.
2. Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff
I was at a barbecue the other day, and the host was trying to kill a fly, then another, & then another. She didn’t realize that every time a child, or person went through the door, another fly made itself into the room—blissfully buzzing to land on her beautiful pasta salad. Her entire night was consumed with the buzz of the flies and keeping them off the food. I noticed the joy of her evening had been changed to anxiety, and her mood reflected her emotions.
Let the flies land, the tiny fingers be orange (from Cheetos), the gravy be lumpy, the shirts be un-tucked, the toilet seat be up, the little noses be buggery and the dishes be undone—enjoy your life.
3. Stop Chasing and Start Living
Many people feel they need something – more money, new clothes, better relationships – to make them happy. They think: “If only I had _____, I would be complete”. Instead of enjoying life, they chase a vague idea of what could make them happy.
You will always live within your means, you will always have bills. Sickness will always come. Changes will happen. Friends will move away. If you look hard enough, you’ll always find reasons to be miserable…or happy.
So stop chasing; start living. Wanting more is fine, but don’t forget to relax and enjoy life for what it is – in the present.
Can you remember the last time you made dinner for someone else, or helped a friend in need? Between movies, video games, and the internet, something exciting is always going on. In our busy lives of being soccer parents or business builders, don’t forget about those others around you that could benefit from you and your life.
When you serve someone else you forget about yourself for a time. Serving can be big or small. It can be a meaningful phone call you’ve been putting off, or a handwritten note in the mail. You could come to someone’s aid who is stopped on the side of the road, or help a child with their homework. Get out there and serve.
5. Say Thank You
Have you ever prompted a child to say thank you? During a fun filled night of trick-or-treating I found myself quietly reminding my children to, “Say thank you” as we walked away with our candy. Why do we do this?
Being grateful for what we have shows humility and strength. It keeps us from becoming something we are not. It gives those we are thankful to—love and respect for us as well.
Love is a powerful thing. A person could have a successful career, money, and good physical health, but without supportive, loving relationships, they wouldn’t be truly happy.
7. Assume Responsibility
We often blame other people, circumstances and even objects for our problems. “I’m this way because my parents didn’t love me enough”; “I hate my stupid car for breaking down all the time.”
But life is full of different people and situations: some are good and some are bad. Unless you assume responsibility for your life, you’ll always be at the mercy of those circumstances.
Instead of blaming others for what’s wrong in your life, focus on what you can do to make things better. Never sulk, and try not to feel sorry for yourself too often. Get out of bed. It’s your responsibility to make yourself happy: nobody else’s.
8. Make it Happen
Assume responsibility for your life.
When you want to lose weight – Eat healthier and start exercising. If you hate it when people drive too slow, leave 10 minutes earlier. If you get hungry and then let your hunger influence your mood, bring a snack and eat it BEFORE the hunger begins. If you don’t like someone, try getting to know them better. Knowing someone (and their background) can help you make a better judgement on whether your going to associate with them or not. Change your attitude.
Commit to finding happiness no matter what it takes. Dedicate yourself and work hard at it, you really can create the life you want.
Make the time for others. Serve. Love. LAUGH. Be grateful and say thank you often. Smile. Bad things still happen, but you decide how you are going to react to them. Let others in, and help others in return. Take responsibility for your own life.
By following these 8 tips you’ll be well on your way to staying happy – no matter what happens.
Intermediate/Elite Shockfit Training
MWF 6:30-7:30 am
Starts Monday September 16th
- Only 8 slots are now available for this time. So HURRY its filling FAST! Intermediate to ELite Shockfit Training (IST & EST): This class is a great place for any intermediate/Advanced exerciser to start. Men and women welcome. Please note, “easy” really isn’t in my vocabulary, so be ready to work hard!
Intermediate Shockfit Training
MWF 9-10 am
- Intermediate Shockfit Training (IST): This class is a great place for any intermediate/beginner to start. Please note, “easy” really isn’t in my vocabulary, so be ready to work hard! This is just a step below the EST Athletes. (Children welcome with some restrictions)
Elite Shockfit Training
T, Th 5:30-6:30 am, Sat 6-7:30 am
- Only 2 slots available for this time—ALMOST full.Call for availability. Men and women welcome. Elite Shockfit Training (EST): This class is usually T/Th/Sat, but we always add MORE days in there—a M, W, of F here and there! We wake up early, WORK HARD and sweat for an hour. If you are just starting out with exercise, this may not be the class for you. Be ready to always give 100% and then give more!
Morning Conditioning for Kids T, Th 6:30-7:30am
T, Th 6:30-7:30am
- Elementary age kids can get in shape for life and/or their sport. Currently conditioning for all sports. Ages 6-12 welcome!
Team Sports Conditioning
GOING ON NOW!
- Get your teams to be faster, stronger and have more endurance than their opponents. I can guarantee they will out play, out run and hopefully out score the other teams!
- Your team will be challenged with many types of sports conditioning exercises, including HIIT training, plyometrics, circuit training. muscle building, endurance drills, core strength and more. As the player gets stronger their coordination will increase, they will react quicker in their sport, their endurance will improve and they will reduce the risk of injuries because their core muscles will be stronger.
Online Coaching, Nutritional Coaching, Personal Training
- Can’t get the weight off? I would love to train you. I have 13+ years of experience. I can offer you any type of training. I like to work every muscle group, and challenge your body to the MAX. My approach is a full lifestyle change, so be ready to commit (I want to get you results, and this is the best way)! A full exercise and nutrition plan will be mapped out and you will begin to see results. I will communicate with you through Skype, Email, and Google Drive. You will receive all the keys that you need for success!
Please Log in to view this content.
- Online Coaching
- Nutrition Coaching
- Personalized Workouts
- Personal Training and More!